When it’s working, it’s likely not something you’ve paid much attention to. However, your garage door opener is an integral part of your home s security system, especially if you can access your home directly from the garage.
If your home had one when you moved in, does it have the auto-reverse safety feature? Two sensors that detect when something blocks the beam, stopping the door from closing further and reversing it. It’s considered a must-have safety feature today.
Garage door openers have seen some exciting upgrades. If yours is getting out of date, you may want to consider an upgrade:
• Battery Backup: Keep your garage accessible during power outages.
• Belt Drive: Smoother and quieter operation than a chain drive.
• Better Lighting: Brighter and more energy-efficient LED lights.
• Motion Sensor: Automatically turns on lights when you enter the garage.
• SmartPhone Connectivity: Open & close. Plus, monitor activity remotely and even check if you ·ve left the garage door open accidentally so you can remotely close it.
Voice Control: Amazon Echo and Google Home ready.
Accessories: Some Next Gen garage door openers have add-on accessories like a fan, retractable tire inflator, retractable power cord, and garage security camera.
Leave A Comment